Friday, December 31, 2010

Snapshots of 2010

Wow. What a year. It's been filled with love, hate, confusion, snow (and a lot of it), awkwardness, laughter, memories, and so many indescribable/you just had to be there moments... And, of course, some that's what she said moments.

I've met people this year who I feel like I've known my entire life, and only wish that our friendships would have started much sooner. I can say that I wouldn't be the pers
on I am today, sitting with a potentially fractured wrist, without so many of the experiences I've had in this year alone. From watching some of my best guy friends cram their feet into too small high heels to seeing Frank Warren present PostSecret (I feel as though the stamp in the book is perfect for this year: "Free your secrets and become who you are." I opened up to a few people this year, and I'm usually not the kind of person to do so. Freeing some of my secrets led to a lot of great friendships and experiences) to a lot of self-discovery, this was a crazy year.

I also got closer to my family this year. Even though I wasn't able to come home a lot because of having the CA job, my brother and I were able to mend our relationship. The distance for college has been re
ally good for us (even if it is only half an hour). We have so many random stories to share (including one about a Twilight Zone-esque donut run at 9:30 at night). I also got to see three concerts this year with my dad, all of which were incredible. My mom and I also might have our differences, but her getting into grad school was one of the proudest moments I've shared with her.

Admittedly, there are things I would have changed. But those are in the past now. In
the words of All Time Low, "maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year." 2011, Cary's ready to make some changes for the better. Here goes nothing.

















No comments:

Post a Comment