Sunday, January 16, 2011

The 68th Golden Globe Awards, Part Deux

And so the awards season begins...

Admittedly, now that I've heard a TON about The King Speech, I would have picked it for some of the awards, but live and learn.

[If I picked a winner for a category, either a "my winner prediction" or a "who I want to win," then I made the heading a bolded purple, just for shiggles.]

Best Motion
Picture [Drama]
My winner pred
iction | Inception
Who I want to win | Inception

Winner | The Social Network
[Pardon my French, but what the fuck happened?!]

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture [Drama]

My winner prediction | Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Who I want to win | Natalie Portman
, Black Swan
Winner | Natalie Portman, The Black Swan

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture [Drama]
My winner prediction | Jesse E
isenberg, The Social Network
Who I want to win |
Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
Winner | Colin Firth, The King's Speech

Best Motion Picture [Comedy or Musical]
My winner prediction | Alice in Wonderland

Who I want to win | Alice in Wonderland
Winner | The Kids are All Right
[I really, really would like to see this movie now]

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture [Comedy or Musical]
My winner prediction | Angelina Jolie, The Tourist
Who I want to win | Emma Stone, Easy A

Winner | Annette Bening, The Kids are All Right

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture [Comedy or Musical]

My winner prediction | Jake Gyllenhaal, Love and Other Drugs
Who I want to win | Jake Gyllenhaal, Love and Other Drugs

Winner | Paul Giamatti, Barney's Version

Best Animated Picture
My winner prediction | Toy Story 3
Who I want to win | Toy Story 3

Winner | Toy Story 3

Best Foreign Language Film
I haven't seen any of these, nor heard of any of them, so I have no predictions/want to see winner for this category. Though I feel the Millennium trilogy got robbed here. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was brilliant. Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist got robbed as well.

Winner | In a Better World [Denmark]
Note: I've since learned that because The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was released in 2009, it wasn't eligible to win/be nominated.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
My winner prediction | Amy Adams, The Fighter
Who I want to win | Amy Adams, The Fighter

Winner | Melissa Leo, The Fighter

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
My winner prediction | Andrew Garfield, The Social Network
Who I want to win | Andrew Garfield, The Social Network

Winner | Christian Bale, The Fighter

Best Director - Motion Picture
My winner prediction | Christopher Nolan, Inception
Who I want to win | Christopher Nolan, Inception

Winner | David Fincher, The Social Network

Best Screenplay [Motion Picture]
My winner prediction | Christopher Nolan, Inception
Who I want to win | Christopher Nolan, Inception

Winner | Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network

Best Original Score [Motion Picture]
My winner prediction | Hans Zimmer, Inception -or- Danny Elfman, Alice in Wonderland
Who I want to win | Hans Zimmer, Inception

Winner | Trent Reznor, The Social Network

Best Original Song [Motion Picture]
I haven't seen any of these, so I have no predictions/want to see winner for this category.
Winner | "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me," from Burlesque

Best Television Series [Drama]
My winner prediction | The Walking Dead -or- Mad Men
Who I want to win | The Walking Dead

Winner | Boardwalk Empire

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series [Drama]
My winner prediction | Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Who I want to win | Kyra Sedgwick
, The Closer
Winner | Katey Sagal, Sons of Anarchy

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series [Drama]
My winner prediction | Bryan Cranston, Mad Men
Who I want to win | Hugh Laurie, House

Winner | Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire

Best Television Series [Comedy or Musical]
My winner prediction | The Big Bang Theory
Who I want to win | The Big Bang Theory

Winner | Glee
The Big Bang Theory > Glee

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series [Comedy or Musical]
My winner prediction | Toni Collette, United States of Tara
Who I want to win | Toni Collete, United States of Tara

Winner | Laura Linney, The Big C
[Also, RIP Romulus Linney]

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series [Comedy or Musical]
My winner prediction | Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Who I want to win | Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Winner | Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Best Mini Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
My winner prediction | You Don't Know Jack
Who I want to win | Temple Grandin

Winner | Carlos

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
My winner prediction | Claire Danes, Temple Grandin
Who I want to win | Claire Danes, Temple Grandin

Winner | Claire Danes, Temple Grandin

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
My winner prediction | Al Pacino, You Don't Know Jack
Who I want to win | Al Pacino, You Don't Know Jack

Winner | Al Pacino, You Don't Know Jack

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini Series, or Motion Picture Made for Television

My winner prediction | Jane Lynch, Glee
Who I want to win | Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

Winner | Jane Lynch, Glee

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini Series, or Motion Picture Made for Television
My winner prediction | Scott Caan, Hawaii 5-O
Who I want to win | Chris Colfer, Glee
Winner | Chris Colfer, Glee

And, of course, some favorite quotes from the night
Ricky Gervais
- "It's going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking. Or, as Charlie Sheen calls it, breakfast."
- "I'm not sure if I totally understood the season finale [of Lost], but I'm pretty sure the fat one ate them all."
John Lassiter
- "Were you two even born when the first Toy Story came out?"
Steve Carrell
- "There's also the story of King George V-I."
Jim Parsons
- "The writers, my writers, how crass."

Oh, and one last thing: INCEPTION. GOT. ROBBED.

No comments:

Post a Comment