This entry is not to discriminate against anyone. I'm against discrimination in all forms. These are just some questionable things I've seen people wearing around my campus that made me take a second look and wonder why people wear the things they wear.
Additionally, I can honestly say I have no fashion sense whatsoever, nor does this bother me. I'm most comfortable in a cotton t-shirt that's been washed so many times that it's nice and soft, zip-up hoodie, jeans, and a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors. (Ironically enough, I'm a closet fan of Project Runway. Although I guess the secret's out now.)
- Sweatpants + beaded moccasins... Just. No.
- Just because you can wear leggings so people can't see your undies doesn't make it okay to wear a dress so short it should be qualified as a shirt. Pants, people!
- Actually, sweatpants any time you are not lounging at home or at the gym just looks lazy. Gym shorts I can understand. Sweatpants, no. Same goes for pajamas. Not okay outside the privacy of your own room.
- Guys, wearing dress shoe moccasins (see picture for reference point) with shorts will just lead to me mocking you in my head. It looks ridiculous. I also envision a self-righteous fraternity boy/country club jerk with a cigar and an ego the side of Russia when I see people dressed this way. Prove to me you aren't that guy.
- People who have to wear plain black shirts for work at the food service... Pretty sure that plain black tees aren't terribly expensive. Wearing a printed black tee turned inside out just looks dumb and tacky.
- Grey leggings that look like you got mauled by a rabid cat + silver sparkly Toms + black hoodie = another no in Cary's book.
I realize that these probably sound trivial (which they are), but if past entries (here and here) are any indication of what I'm like, I love observing people... Oh, the fun of being a psychology major.
Have a great weekend, readers. I'm headed home this weekend. Off of campus. No on-call phone, no rounds, and yes to baking cookies with my mom. I can't wait.