Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Humming a slightly varied tune

About a year ago, I wrote a post that is interesting to read now, considering what I've done in the time since.  At the time, I was looking at graduate schools that were pretty far from home.  Trying to decide where to apply, what I wanted to do with my life, etc.  As I was telling a friend, I barely remember anything from the first half of my senior year of college.  The second half was much more memorable.

You better believe it's true
You know I do ooh ooh I do
You better believe it's true
You know I do ooh ooh I do

I don't always make bulletin boards about STDs, but
when I do, they ruin childhood memories of Pokemon.
As I sit here today and type this, I have moved onto grad school, although for School Counseling.  The distance I moved for this grad school?  About fifty yards away from last year's residence hall into the one across the street.  And you know what?  I couldn't be happier.

My classes are going really well.  My Foundations class which is really interesting, even if a lot of work. Within a group in the class, we have to build a school counseling curriculum from the ground up.  I had no idea how much work it would be, and though I prefer solo work, it's going pretty well.  Another project we have in the same class is making a tri-fold poster (with a different group, although for this one, it's just me and a partner) for a mini-presentation/conference.  Although the class is more work than most, there aren't any tests in the class (which is wonderful).

Humming a slightly varied tune
Opposite angles of the moon
Buried in layers of ourselves
Leaves room for no one else

Developmental group is still somewhat dull, though it's getting better.  Having friends in the class helps, and we're also working on a presentation for that class.  I'm working with two classmates who I've only met this semester, and while it'll break me away from the comfort zone of working with people I know, it'll be a good thing.

Theory is still interesting, and I can't complain about having a perfect in the class either.  And, hey, the professor feeds us.  Can't ask for better than that.  Special Ed online is interesting, but I have to force myself to actually read the chapters.  In that class, we have to tape ourselves doing a lesson with another person.  The plus side of that project is that the person we do the lesson with doesn't have to be in the class.  Considering I know someone who has taken the class and done the same project... He'll be helping me with the lesson.

I believe it's true
Cause nothing matters when I'm all wrapped up in you
I believe it's true
Cause nothing matters when I'm all wrapped up in you

Badgerkitty and Bearcat
And that friend?  He's the sweetest, funniest, most caring guy in the world.  Yesterday marked seven months of dating, and between the silly nicknames and goofy antics and everything in between, I can't imagine my life without him.

Vic has asked if he could propose with a kitten or puppy instead of a ring on a few occasions.  Considering that neither of us has ever even considered breaking up with the other and we essentially live together, I told him I'd say yes no matter how he asks.

You better believe it's true
You know I do ooh ooh I do
You better believe it's true
You know I do ooh ooh I do

(PS:  We're going to name a cat we get together Adler.  Just because it's an awesome name for a cat.)

"True Romance," by Motion City Soundtrack from GO | Listen here

1 comment:

  1. There's a new Motion City Soundtrack CD. I forgot about this, think I saw it on Cherie's post, but now you have reminded me. Most excellent!

    It is really funny to see where you were last year compared to where you are now...crushing this grad school thing like it ain't no thang. Welcome back, and namaste. Haha.

    ReplyDelete