Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

Tonight, I sat in two of my classes, as I do every Tuesday night.  Foundations of School Counseling, from 4-6:45, and Developmental Group Counseling, from 7-9:45.

During the first half of my Developmental Group class, my professor and a counselor from the university's counseling center gave a presentation that they had presented at an ACCA (American College Counseling Association) conference.  The topic was Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID).  (Yay acronyms!)  As I sat, listening to how they had helped a student from the university some years ago with DID, I realized how truly fortunate I am.

I am healthy.  I have some semblance of a sanity (let's be real, no graduate student is truly of sound mind, even if they do happen to be studying counseling).  I have an incredible family.

My parents are the best.  There's a reason the majority of my friends call them Dad and Mom.  They're the funniest, cutest couple I know.  My dad has been known to sign his emails to my mom "Love, your friend on the other side of the bed."  They're goofy, loving, and have taught me so much.

My not-so-little brother is one of the funniest people I know as well.  His imitation of Will Ferrell as James Lipton is spot-on.

I have an awesome job at the university I attend.

My friends are the most amazing people I know.

And, last, but certainly not least... There's that guy who makes me smile, laugh, and it's because of him that I'm the happiest girl in the world.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  He's the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment