Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dear Readers...

I promise I'm still alive. Life has just been kinda hectic lately.

Last Monday, Vic and I celebrated our one year together. It was just a low-key evening spent together after classes, and perfect for us. We're not into big groups/gatherings.

Who would have thought that an invitation to have quesadillas would turn into a friendship that turned into best friends and also boyfriend/girlfriend?  I couldn't be happier that it did.

Today marks one year since my first counseling session.  Although I only attended a total of three sessions, I'm still realizing how much they did help me.  I hope one day that I can help someone in the same way that I was.  Nobody should have to live with a stress that plagues them, an issue they feel can't be resolved, what have you.

Knowing that there is someone who cares for you and your well being -- be it a counselor, friend, significant other, or someone else -- is inspiring.

Not too much else going on in my little world... I'm really enjoying my classes this semester.  Cross-Cultural Counseling is pretty self-explanatory and I really like the professor.  Experiential Group Counseling (which is essentially counseling for the counselor) has opened my eyes to a lot of things I didn't know about my classmates.  Counseling Skills and Techniques is getting better.  Just trying to remember everything is getting easier, but it's still awkward to watch the taped sessions with our classmates.  And Introduction to Behavior Analysis... it's an online class, so it's not terrible.

♥ New York! [At FAO Schwarz on my 21st.]
My parents are coming down to take me and Vic out to dinner on Friday for my birthday.  I don't know if I'll feel any different with being 23.  For my 18th birthday, I just had a small group of friends over.  For my 21st, my parents surprised me with a trip to New York City.  I didn't get obscenely drunk like it seems most people do for their 21st birthdays.  I actually didn't drink until that May on a trip to California, and barely do as it is.

Spring break starts next Saturday.  Since Vic and I decided against a trip, I'm not sure what I'll/we'll be doing for it.  It's still weird to think that in a little over two months, I'll no longer be a CA.  I'll have a different graduate assistantship, my part-time job, and four courses over the summer.  It'll be interesting to manage, but I think I can handle it.

Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment