Sunday, August 5, 2012

Life is Beautiful

Sometimes, I want to scream.  Other times, I want to cry.  Then I want to smile.  And it's all because of this thing called life.  For as long as I can remember, I've had a pretty amazing life.

Cutest couple? I think yes.
My parents have supported me through various ventures.  They mean the world to me.  I wouldn't be who I am today without them, cliche as that sounds.

I have great friends.  I've lost some along the way, but the true ones have showed me real friendship.  These past few months have shown me who really cares, and who really doesn't.  I have friends, and then I have other friends.  It seems contradictory, I know.  But there are those who I trust with the world, and those who, well, I don't.

I guess I've realized lately that I'm incredibly fortunate... And, honestly, it scares the living hell out of me.  I will be moving back to campus in exactly a week to start my Master's degree.  I'll have a graduate assistantship that is not only paying for my room, but also my tuition.  I was also contacted the other day with another offer for a graduate assistantship.  While I had to decline the offer, I was amazed that another office on campus provided the one who offered me the position with my resume.

My favorite argyle fan.
I'm in love with my best friend who I've been dating for five months.  It's impossible for me to contain how happy he makes me.  Spending a lifetime together is a dream we share.

I have an incredible support system of family, friends, and people at school.

I never imagined being so fortunate.  I can only hope one day that I'll be able to find the words to express my gratitude to those who have supported me along the way, because they deserve it more than they know.  And that includes all of you.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Cary. I'm excited to see what this next phase of your college experience will bring for you. Also, don't discount the amount of energy you have poured into supporting others. You are every much a pillar of strength for your friends as they are for you.

    ReplyDelete