Her entries are always thought-provoking, and the ones about she (her?) and her husband are just adorable. Oh, and I recently snagged a "Read it First" button from the site that I saw mentioned on her blog. Definitely check it out if you're a fan of reading.
So, now for the seven facts about me...
- I'm a picky eater in a strange sense: I love food that most people dislike, and vice-versa. For example, I refuse to eat hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, and any form of beans. However, I love vegetarian sushi, spinach (I don't mind cooked if it's in lasagna, but I prefer it raw), broccoli (raw and cooked) and pretty much any other vegetable (yes, even brussels sprouts), and random other food. And I didn't have my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich until the summer before my freshman year of high school (I was raised on fluffernutters).
- I love traveling. I flew by myself for the first time this past summer from home to Dallas and Dallas to Los Angeles, and I loved every minute of it (except for trying to figure my way around DFW airport in twenty minutes, of course). Flying is my preferred mode of travel, as any car ride longer than 6-7 hours should be considered torture; and I'm not a huge fan of boats. Trains are fun, though.
- I've seen every episode of The Big Bang Theory, Lost, Numb3rs, and Raising Hope. If you haven't seen these shows, you are missing out big time. My favorite movies are mostly comedies, including Addams Family Values, Bridesmaids, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, Juno, Little Miss Sunshine, and The Road to El Dorado (yes, the animated one); but I also love Forrest Gump, The King's Speech, Up.
- I love reading. A list of my favorite books would take forever and a day to list, but my favorite authors are Malcolm Gladwell, Stieg Larsson, Dan Brown, Frank Warren, and Stephen King. Some of the books I love that aren't by these guys are The Firm, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, and Eats, Shoots and Leaves.
- I'm not a big fan of Scrabble, but I love pretty much any other word game (Bananagrams, Pairs in Pears, Scattegories, etc.) Crosswords are my weakness. I love doing them (hence the name of my blog!) I can do a New York Times Monday puzzle in 10-25 minutes, and I'm slowly getting better as the week goes on for puzzles (they get harder as the week progresses).
- I've finally decided, after much consideration, to apply for grad school. And I'm excited to start applying. I want to study Student Affairs Administration in Higher Ed (you can read about that in previous entries...)
- I also love discovering new words. I'm a geek and I'm proud to admit that. I took 3 years of Latin in high school, and love picking apart words.
Wow. That took longer than I expected... Anyhow, here are the awesome people I'm passing the award along to:
Allie B. | Hyperbole and a Half
Allie M. | I'm Not Really a Barista
Cherie | Refractions
Clayton | Dad to Libbs [PS: He's got a giveaway going on, be sure to check it out!]
Lozzz123 | science, spouses, and silliness
Michael | Badass Geek
Miss Sassy Pants | A Few French Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Shane | 500 Days of Shaneiferd
Yvonne | Half Past Wonderful
PS: Happy Lost-versary to all of you Losties!