Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Conference-Attending Cruciverbalist?

3 years ago... Some things
don't change.
Yesterday began the sixth week of fifteen in my last fall semester as an undergraduate college student.  It seems like just a few days ago that my parents and I loaded the car and drove down the highway to move me in my freshman year.  Ironically, while we were waiting at the toll road, we saw my roommate and her parents in the lane next to us.  We still laugh about it to this day.

I also applied to a conference yesterday... Though I have recommendations written for me on LinkedIn, I needed to have a letter of recommendation in order to possibly attain a scholarship to attend the conference, free of charge (except transportation). My supervisor sent it to me in the morning, and by noon, I'd sent in my application online. To be honest, I was floored by the letter. I couldn't believe some of things that were written. I had to read it over to make sure it was mine.
Her commitment to building collaborative relationships meets the standard that we set for our professional staff, and far exceeds what we expect from our undergraduate students.
Needless to say, I was honored to receive such a letter. I'll know by next Monday if I get to go, so in the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

We'll see what happens... (Now to do that homework that's been mocking me for the past few days.)

Edited to add on Thursday:  I got an email from the conference people. I got really excited until I read that they're pushing the notification day back by two days. Grr. (I'm normally a patient person, but come on! I really want to attend!)

1 comment: