Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This is where it gets real...

About an hour after my English class lets out tomorrow night, I'll be home... again. I just got back to school from spring break, but this time, it's no break: Life is about to get very real, very fast.

This Friday, I have my interview for admission to my top choice graduate program. Even though my thoughts have been going a million miles a minute, I am both terrified and excited.

My mom and I will be flying there, with one layover each way.  I'm so incredibly fortunate to have amazing friends and family, as well as professors and other staff at the university I currently attend, supporting me through this whole process.

As I've mentioned, I never saw myself getting as involved at school as I have.  Apart from being a Community Assistant, I'm involved with quite a few groups. While it seems like sometimes I'm spreading myself thin, I enjoy this so much and wouldn't change any of it for the world. I was also recently nominated by a friend for a service award at school, which is a huge deal.

Although I made the decision to only apply to one graduate school, I've come to terms with it. I could have applied to schools here, there, and everywhere, but the school I'm interviewing with on Friday seemed to be the best fit:  yes, it's thirteen hours from home; but it's a similar size to the school I currently attend, there are incredible opportunities, small class sizes, the potential for graduate assistantships (which is really awesome), etc.  I've lived in the same county for 22 years now, and I want to see what else the world has to offer.

But for now, I'm just trying to take it easy (both in trying not to freak out over this interview and because Vic had to take me to the health center last night. I hit my ankle really hard off of the metal pole that connects my headboard and footboard... swearing like a sailor and wincing in pain soon followed. Oops.)

Here we go, life... Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment