Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The island isn't done with you yet...


A few weeks ago, I got notification that all of my application materials for consideration into graduate school were (finally) in.  Today, I went in for an admissions interview with two of the faculty members (and as always, I was a wreck, because interviews freak me out)...

And I got in!!

They admitted to me that the interview was more of a simple formality, since I'd just missed the GPA requirement by mere decimal points, and to get to know me and what I'm looking to gain from the program. The two I met with seem like incredible people, and very willing to help students.

So, I'd say that today was pretty awesome.  I even got to have lunch with Vic and Shane, which is always a lot of fun.  Now just to hope for the best for the graduate assistantships I've applied for, and deciding on classes.  As soon as I get my formal acceptance letter, I can register for classes.

It's finally starting to sink in that I did, in fact, graduate from college with an undergraduate degree two months ago.  It's an amazing feeling.  I couldn't have done it without the support from all of you, my family and friends, and the best guy a girl could wish for...even if he does make me cry because of the sweet things he says.

5 comments:

  1. :-o GRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) That's incredible! I wish you all the best!
    - saw you on 20sb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making you cry from sweet things he says is a perk, just another reason why he's such a great guy.

    Congrats, Cary. Although we won't have any classes together, I look forward to seeing you around our department in the fall. I think you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. :)

      And thank you! I'm looking forward to it - and possibly borrowing books. Haha.

      Delete